So... whatever happened to the month of September??? It felt like that month only lasted for 2 weeks! and now we're already halfway thru October? Is that possible? sigh.
Well, maybe September flew by cuz I was stressed about my costume?? Now, BEFORE you judge me for being a 28 y/o who still dresses up for Halloween, let me explain! For the last 3 years, one of my dear coworkers has hosted a costume party every year! She spares no expense and goes all out (including a DJ) just so we can have a good time! AND she and her husband do the clean up the next day without help! (and the cleanup ain't pretty!). So, we're talkin about 50 people in their house in full blown costumes going CARAAAAAZY! hehe. It all started because of a WIG party another one of my coworkers had for her 40th birthday party. It was so much fun and we needed something fun to look forward to at work, hence the annual Halloween/costume parties were born! I think I'm making up for the years of childhood that I didn't get to put on a costume for Halloween (from age 8-25! I know, I've lived a deprived childhood.) SO! Anyway, all the month of September, one of my coworkers kept bugging me about what my costume was going to be because, according to her, everyone else already had theirs picked out! jeez! PRESSURE! So after many days of frantic research, I finally came up with one of 2009's joke in the news. drum roll please.......
This is 95% of my costume. (Oh, I must also mention, I've never spent over $30 for my costumes cuz I enjoy putting my own costumes together ..cuz it's more fun & authentic that way.) So, have you figured out what, I mean, who I'm going to be this year?? OCTO MOM!! hehe, as much as I despise that woman, she makes for a funny character. I refuse to read up on her life and watch shows and interviews on her because I think she's psycho & taking advantage of the system! I realize these fetus sized dolls have girl clothes on them, but don't you worry. They're all gonna be naked for the occasion so I don't have to figure out how many boys and girls there were. And, because I think some of those kids look hispanic, I got a couple that were a little darker skinned to throw into the mix. LOL.
I hope the rest of this month goes by slowly... before you know it, it'll be 2010!!! yikes.
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment